University of Technology, Jamaica - Bachelor of Engineering in Chemical Engineering
SCIENCE AND ENGINEERING PROFESSIONALS
The Chemical and Biological Engineering programme equips students with quality education in the theory and practice of chemical and biological engineering processes.The profession requires engineers to be able to apply the principles of the physical sciences and economics while considering environmental factors in the designs, implementation and operation of processes in which materials change their state, composition and/or energy content.
The programme, therefore, equips students with the neccessary skills to research, develop, design and analyze chemical processes and equipment. The graduates of the Bachelor of Engineering(CHE) programme will also efficiently and safely design products to meet market specification with minimum negative impact on the environment.
This course of study is delivered in English and Spanish in order to adequately prepare graduates for effective careers in Latin American and the wider Caribbean Region. Written and spoken fluency in technical Spanish is achieved via a minimum of 18 credit hours in specialization modules taught in Spanish either at UTech, or at other accredited Spanish speaking universities.
Field of Study:
University of Technology, Jamaica
Level 7 Bachelors
07 Engineering, Manufacturing and Construction- 071 Engineering and Engineering Trades- 0711 Chemica Engineering and Processes
School of Engineering, University of Technology, Jamaica
Quality Assurance Body:
University Council of Jamaica (UCJ) and Professional Engineers Registration Board (PERB)
1.Five(5) CSEC/GCE O\'Level English Language, Mathematics, Physics and 2 other(Technical or science related) subjects PLUS GCE A\'Level Mathematics, Physics and one other relevant subject OR Six(6) CAPE Units including Physics units I and II, Mathematics I and II and two(2) other units in related subjects. OR
2. B.Eng in Mechanical or Chemical Engineering from UTech, Jamaica(completion of rationalization semester at UTech may be required) OR
3. Successful completion of year one of Diploma in Electrical or Mechanical with a minimum GPA of 3.05 OR
4. UTech, Jamaica Diploma in Mechanical Engineering or Chemical Technology (for Advanced Placement with a minimum GPA of 2.7) An interview may be required. OR
5. B.Tech from CASE (for Advanced Placement) with a minimum GPA of 2.7 after completion of a rationalization semester at CASE.(An interview may be required). OR
6. Associate Degree or Diploma in Agriculture from a recognized institution (for Advanced Placement) with a minimum GPA of 2.7 after completion a rationalization year at UTech or CASE. (An interview may be required.)
Number of Credits: