University of Technology, Jamaica - Bachelor of Engineering in Industrial Engineering
The Bachelor of Engineering in Industrial Engineering Course of Study aims to develop graduates competent in the design, improvement and installation of integrated systems of people, materials, equipment, money and methods. The field of Industrial Engineering utilizes knowledge and skills in the mathematical and physical sciences, together with the principles and methods of engineering analysis and designs. It is uniquely different from other engineering disciplines in that:
- It is relevant to most types of industry and commercial activity and works with all levels of the business or organization.
- It is concerned with the engineering of systems and systems interaction with people and nature- to do things better, faster and safer.
The Bachelor of Engineering in Industrial Engineering graduate will have:
- An ability to function on multidisciplinary teams with competences in system design, manufacturing, information technology, engineering management and good professional ethics.
- An ability to make significant contribution to enterprise incubation, engineering research, investigation and design. development and consultancy.
- Be aware of the role and responsibility of the professional engineer, particularly with regard to participation in professional organizations, professional obligations for mentorship, continuous professional development and community service.
- An ability to use the awareness of contemporary problems affecting society to apply techniques, skilled and modern industrial engineering techniques to address them.