University of Technology, Jamaica - Bachelor of Science in Accounting
The Bachelor of Science in Accounting provides graduates with a foundation of professional knowledge, professional skills, and professional values, ethics and attitudes that enable graduates to continue to learn and adapt to change throughout their professional lives. These capabilities will enable them as professional accountants, to identify problems, know what knowledge is required to solve problems, know where to find this knowledge and how to apply it in an ethical manner.
Most students begin in August but they may also begin in January each year. The normal duration is 4 years with a maximum duration of 7 years.
- Listing ID: 4333
- Institution Category: Universities
- Institution Type: Public
- Field of Study: Business and Management
- Awarding Body: University of Technology, Jamaica
- Qualification Level:
- Education Sector: Higher Education
- ISCED Code: 04 Business Administration and Law- 041 Business Administration- 0411 Accounting and Taxation
- Qualification Developer: School of Business Administration, University of Technology, Jamaica
- Quality Assurance Body: University Council of Jamaica (UCJ) and Association of Chartered Certified Accountants(ACCA)
- Entry Requirements: 5 CXC/GCE passes at levels General 1,2,3 or its equivalent, including English Language and Mathematics OR Prior Learning Assessment or Advanced Placement.
- Number of Credits: 121