University of Technology, Jamaica - Bachelor of Science in Food Service Management
The Bachelor of Science in Food Service Management seeks to produce graduates with the required technical and functional managerial skills and competencies who will satisfy the industry’s demand for Professional Chefs, and Food Service Operation Mangers.
Additionally, the course aims to develop Food Service Managers who will:
a. Contribute to national and regional growth and development of the food service industry by supplying innovative and creative entrepreneurial graduates.
b. Be capable of making significant contribution to the technological and innovative industry trends internationally.
c. Meaningfully engage professional linkages in the industry through cooperative education, apprenticeship and professional conferences.
The course of study was first offered in 2007 and produced a cohort of graduates in 2011. The course has been revised in 2009 and is currently under review for 2023. The course is four(4) years in duration, organised on a full time basis over an academic year consisting of approximately forty weeks (3 semesters). The course’s diet if offered in a semesterized modality and advances in difficulty level as each year/level progresses.
- Listing ID: 4342
- Institution Category: Universities
- Institution Type: Public
- Field of Study: Culinary Arts and Food and Beverage
- Awarding Body: University of Technology, Jamaica
- Qualification Level:
- Education Sector: Higher Education
- ISCED Code: 10 Services- 101 Personal Services- 1013 Hotel, Restaurants and Catering
- Qualification Developer: School of Hospitality and Tourism Management, University of Technology, Jamaica
- Quality Assurance Body: University Council of Jamaica
- Entry Requirements: Five(5) CSEC/CXC/GCE O\'Level passes to include English Mathematics at no less than the grade level 3. Food and Nutrition and a Foreign Language are an asset for the pursuit of this course of study.
- Number of Credits: 136