University of Technology, Jamaica - Bachelor of Science in Pharmaceutical Technology
The Bachelor of Science in Pharmaceutical Technology (BSc. in Pharm. Tech.) seeks to provide individuals with broad- based training in skills that are required to work in the pharmaceutical field with particular emphasis on drug manufacturing, pharmaceutical production, pharmaceutical development, pharmaceutical operations and analysis.
The programme is dedicated to developing graduates who are appropriately trained and competent to:
- Demonstrate knowledge of processing techniques applicable to the pharmaceutical and non-pharmaceutical industries.
- Comply with rules, regulations and standards in accordance with local and international; manufacturing and laboratory guidelines.
- Demonstrate a working of analytical instruments and their relevant software.
- Demonstrate competencies in production and resource management.
The course has a duration of four(4) years. Each year consists of two(2) semesters.
- Listing ID: 4369
- Institution Category: Universities
- Institution Type: Public
- Field of Study: Pharmaceutical Sciences
- Awarding Body: University of Technology, Jamaica
- Qualification Level:
- Education Sector: Higher Education
- ISCED Code: 09 Health and Welfare- 091 Health- 0914 Medical Diagnostic and Treatment Technology
- Qualification Developer: School of Pharmacy, University of Technology, Jamaica
- Quality Assurance Body: Pharmacy Council of Jamaica (PCJ)/ University Council of Jamaica
Applicants to the course of study are required to have a minimum of five(5) CSEC/GCE O-Level passes including English Language, Mathematics, Chemistry, General Biology and one(1) other subject, preferably a technical or science related subject,(Physics would be an asset). In addition, A-Level or CAPE Units 1 & 2 passes in Chemistry and one(1) other science subject.
Any other equivalent qualifications.
- Number of Credits: 136