University of Technology, Jamaica - Certificate in Pharmacy Technician
The Certificate in Pharmacy Technician programme seeks to train individuals to become competent and compassionate health care professionals who assist the pharmacists with a commitment to the welfare of patients.
The programme is dedicated to developing technicians who are appropriately trained and competent to do the following:
- Educate and equip persons to provide an acceptable level of pharmacy practice in an evolving patient care environment.
- To provide a sound base for graduates to pursue further studies in technical, professional or managerial disciplines.
The 18 months Pharmacy Technicians programme which started in 2010 was transferred from the Lionel Town Hospital and the University Hospital of the West Indies which had the programme as a full-time one-year programme. One cohort is admitted in August of each academic year.
The course is 18 months in duration, organised on a part time basis over an academic year consisting of approximately sixty weeks (4 semesters).
- Listing ID: 4366
- Institution Category: Universities
- Institution Type: Public
- Field of Study: Pharmacy
- Awarding Body: University of Technology, Jamaica
- Qualification Level:
- Education Sector: Higher Education
- ISCED Code: 09 Health and Welfare- 091 Health- 0916 Pharmacy
- Qualification Developer: School of Pharmacy
- Quality Assurance Body: University Council of Jamaica
Five(5) CXC/CSEC/GCE passes including English Language, Mathematics, Chemistry and Biology and at least one other, preferable a science subject. (O\'Level with A, B, & C or CXC CSEC Grades 1, 2, & 3 since 1998.
Other appropriate level of study in a recognized educational institution.
i. Students accepted through route B are required to supply documented evidence of academic transcripts and certified copies of course curriculum studied.
ii. Passes in GCE or CXC CSEC should be obtained at no more than TWO sittings.
iii. In addition to the above, all selected applicants must pass a final selection interview.
- Number of Credits: 36