University of Technology, Jamaica - Diploma in Electrical Engineering
The Diploma in Electrical Engineering aims to provide students with a high quality education in the theory and practice of electrical engineering. The Diploma in Electrical Engineering will teach students how the industry works, equipping them with the engineering skills necessary to design, assess and improve power, communication and instrumentation systems by providing practical engineering education that targets the industrial needs and opportunities in traditional and emerging electrical engineering arena.
The intent of the course is to equip students with the necessary hands on experience to develop, design and analyze electrical processes and equipment. The graduates of the Diploma will also be able to deliver products efficiently and safely within market specifications, with minimum environment impact.
- Listing ID: 4443
- Institution Category: Universities
- Institution Type: Public
- Field of Study: Engineering
- Awarding Body: University of Technology, Jamaica.
- Qualification Level:
- Education Sector: Higher Education
- ISCED Code: 07 Engineering, Manufacturing and Construction- 071 Engineering and Engineering Trades- 0713 Electricity and Energy
- Qualification Developer: School of Engineering, University of Technology, Jamaica
- Quality Assurance Body: University Council of Jamaica (UCJ) and Professional Engineers Registration Board (PERB)
Applicants may gain entry into the diploma in Electrical Course of Study via the following entry requirement:
- four(4) CSEC/GCE O\'Level: English Language, Mathematics & Physics/Electrical & Electronic Technology and one other subject (preferably technical) at prescribed level.
- Number of Credits: 93