University of Technology, Jamaica - Diploma in Structural Engineering
Graduates from this programme are able to do the following:
● organizing and managing the technical, financial and personnel aspects of construction sites;
● designing and detailing simple structures;
● site inspection of structural members in buildings for satisfactory construction specification;
● interpreting structural drawings and details for the purposes of on-site construction;
● doing simple on-the-spot structural calculations;
● sketches on site or in office;
● represent Structural Engineers on site.
This programme is offered over six (6) semesters in three (3) years on a full-time basis. Students are exposed to various aspects of Construction Management and Structural Engineering in the first two (2) years.