University of Technology, Jamaica - Diploma in Structural Engineering
Graduates from this programme are able to do the following:
● organizing and managing the technical, financial and personnel aspects of construction sites;
● designing and detailing simple structures;
● site inspection of structural members in buildings for satisfactory construction specification;
● interpreting structural drawings and details for the purposes of on-site construction;
● doing simple on-the-spot structural calculations;
● sketches on site or in office;
● represent Structural Engineers on site.
This programme is offered over six (6) semesters in three (3) years on a full-time basis. Students are exposed to various aspects of Construction Management and Structural Engineering in the first two (2) years.
- Listing ID: 4694
- Institution Category: Universities
- Institution Type: Public
- Field of Study: Structural/Civil Engineer
- Awarding Body: University of Technology, Jamaica
- Qualification Level:
- Education Sector: Higher Education
- ISCED Code: 07 Engineering, Manufacturing and Construction- 073 Architecture and Construction- 0732 Building and Civil Engineering
- Qualification Developer: School of Building and Land Management, University of Technology, Jamaica
- Quality Assurance Body: University Council of Jamaica (UCJ)
- Entry Requirements: 5 CSEC/GCE O-Level passes including English Language, Mathematics, Physics, a Technical subject and any other related subject OR PEC* subjects.
- Number of Credits: 103