University of Technology, Jamaica - Master of Philosophy in Electrical Engineering
The goal of the course of study is for the successful candidates to be able to apply advanced principles of physical sciences, economics and environmental concerns in the design, implementation and operation of processes in which materials change their state, composition and/or energy content. They should be able to combine this knowledge to conduct research, develop, design and analyze electrical processes and equipment. It is expected that they produce a scholastic work that impact that body of knowledge to improve professional practice and also worthy of acceptance in a peer-reviewed publication. The duration of the course is 2-5 years, depending on the number of credits registered for per semester.
- Listing ID: 4454
- Institution Category: Universities
- Institution Type: Public
- Field of Study: Engineering
- Awarding Body: University of Technology, Jamaica
- Qualification Level:
- Education Sector: Higher Education
- ISCED Code: 07 Engineering, Manufacturing and Construction- 071 Engineering and Engineering Trades- 0713 Electricity and Energy
- Qualification Developer: School of Engineering, University of Technology, Jamaica
- Quality Assurance Body: University Council of Jamaica (UCJ) and Professional Engineers Registration Board (PERB)
- Entry Requirements: Applicants should hold a Bachelor\'s Degree in Computing or Engineering with a minimum standard of second class honors and GPA of 2.70. Applications will be considered based on the nature and scope of the proposed.
- Number of Credits: 40