University of Technology, Jamaica - Master of Science in Engineering
The philosophy of this course of study is to build an education and training framework that responds to local and regional needs by providing world-class quality and relevant graduate engineering programmes that meet the needs of the dynamic production sector through the intellectual development of students.
This will be achieved with the provision of creative and innovative modules delivered by experienced and qualified academics and practitioners. The aim of this course of study is to equip practicing engineers with the proper knowledge and tools to manage and improve the technology and systems under their responsibility for optimum performance and competitiveness.
Learners enrolled in this course of study are expected to complete their study within 18-24 months from the date of commencement.
- Listing ID: 4452
- Institution Category: Universities
- Institution Type: Public
- Field of Study: Engineering
- Awarding Body: University of Technology, Jamaica
- Qualification Level:
- Education Sector: Higher Education
- ISCED Code: 07 Engineering, Manufacturing and Construction- 071 Engineering and Engineering Trades
- Qualification Developer: School of Engineering, University of Technology, Jamaica
- Quality Assurance Body: University Council of Jamaica (UCJ) and Professional Engineers Registration Board (PERB)
A Bachelor of Science or Bachelor of Engineering degree in Engineering and other related discipline scoring a minimum GPA of 2.7 from UTech, Jamaica or other approved institutions.
Persons not meeting the minimum academic requirements may be required to complete additional training and/or certification to gain entry. In cases where there are deficiencies in the entry qualifications, but the applicant possesses significant related professional experience, the applicant may matriculate through the Prior Learning Assessment facility.
- Number of Credits: 38