University of Technology, Jamaica - Master of Science in Integrated Rural Development
The Master of Science in Integrated Rural Development course aims at producing graduates who have the requisite skills and competencies to make sound judgement in solving rural development problems. The main goal is to produce professionals with knowledge based on a holistic approach to rural development and to have skills capacity to influence realistic rural development.
To promote graduate level curriculum strong in theory, but with emphasis on practical applications relevant to rural development. To promote rural entrepreneurship alongside appropriate utilization of resources especially land resources as an engine for rural development goals. The graduates should be able to provide effective management at the middle to top level in areas of rural enterprise and rural settlement developments.
- Listing ID: 4686
- Institution Category: Universities
- Institution Type: Public
- Field of Study: Rural Enterprise and Development
- Awarding Body: University of Technology, Jamaica.
- Qualification Level:
- Education Sector: Higher Education
- ISCED Code: 07 Engineering, Manufacturing and Construction- 073 Architecture and Construction- 0731 Architecture and Town Planning
- Qualification Developer: School of Building and Land Management, University of Technology, Jamaica
- Quality Assurance Body: University Council of Jamaica (UCJ)
The minimum requirements for acceptance into this Master of Science in Integrated Rural Development course of study are:
1. A Bachelor\'s degree with a GPA of at least 2.7 in one of the following disciplines:
a. Urban & Regional Planning
c. Agriculture and other related disciplines
d. Social Sciences (e.g. Management Studies, Sociology)
e. Built Environment: Architecture, Land Surveying, GIS, Quantity Surveying, Construction Management, Land Economy and Valuation Surveying, etc.
f. Natural Sciences or related disciplines, Engineering and other Technology-based disciplines.
2. An undergraduate degree in any other discipline plus (three years) relevant work experience.
3. Candidates with significant work experience (five years or more); at a management level in a rural sector, Local and central Government and private sector. These applications will be assessed by the Prior Learning Assessment (PLA) process.
- Number of Credits: 36