University of Technology, Jamaica - Master of Science in Physical Education and Sport
The Master of Science in Physical Education and Sport will provide the required educational base for physical education and sport professionals. The course of study consists of a set of prescribed core modules in the discipline, with the remaining coursework selected to meet students’ varying professional goals. Module options for specialty include: Principles of Coaching, Methods of Pedagogy, and Advanced Sport Management.
One cohort is admitted in the August of each academic year. (There is the opportunity for start of the course in January of the academic year).
This is accomplished over twenty four (24) months and six (6) semesters on a part-time basis.
- Listing ID: 4650
- Institution Category: Universities
- Institution Type: Public
- Field of Study: Physical Education & Sport
- Awarding Body: University of Technology, Jamaica
- Qualification Level:
- Education Sector: Higher Education
- ISCED Code: 10 Services- 101 Personal Services- 1014 Sports
- Qualification Developer: University of Technology, Jamaica and GC Foster College of Physical Education
- Quality Assurance Body: University Council of Jamaica (UCJ)
Applicants must satisfy the following:
• A Bachelor of Physical Education or B.Sc. Sport Sciences with a Grade Point Average of 2.7
• A written personal statement describing career goals and rationale for enrolling in the Programme (250 words)
• Candidates with other types of academic qualifications will be evaluated in accordance with the University’s regulations governing academic equivalence and may be required to take additional modules to matriculate.
• Entry through a Prior Learning Assessment route is available to persons with experience in the appropriate subject areas.
- Number of Credits: 37