NVQ Level 2 Geomatics and Geospatial Services
The NVQ-J Level 2 in Geomatics and Geospatial Service is for persons tasked with, entering, updating, organizing, and maintaining GIS database information, making appropriate edits of data based on the collection of field data which may include street data, aerial images, and as-built drawings; receiving and processing GIS data and mapping requests; determining data layers to use in portraying maps; verifying data accuracy; creating and maintaining maps for internal and external customers.
Persons who complete this qualification can be employed in the following jobs:
▪ Job title: GIS Technician
▪ Career path – articulation and specialization
After achieving this ITI20718 Certificate in Geomatics and Spatial Services individuals may progress to a wide range of other qualifications in the Information and Communication Technology Industry.
- Listing ID: 3896
- Institution Category: Specialised Institutions
- Institution Type: Public
- Field of Study: Information Technology
- Awarding Body: NCTVET
- Qualification Level:
- Education Sector: Technical and Vocational
- Qualification Code: ITI20718
- ISCED Code: 05 Natural Sciences, Mathematics & Statistics- 054 Mathematics& Statistics- 0542 Statistics
- Qualification Developer: NCTVET Occupational Standards Development Department
- Quality Assurance Body: NCTVET
NVQ-J Level 1 in Information Technology Fundamentals
Individuals may enter level 2 Certification in Geomatics and Geospatial Service with relevant level vocational experience and qualification. Where lower-level qualification plans exist, these MUST be completed.