NVQ Level 2 Greenhouse Technology
This qualification is for persons who have completed NVQ Level 1 in Crop Production or with relevant NVQ Level 2 vocational experience and qualification, to be supported by on-farm training, who would work with limited supervision and would like to work in a greenhouse production environment. This qualification is for persons, who wants to cultivate plants in a controlled environment and would
include the general care of plants in terms of plant health and nutrition in order to maximize the growing
the potential of crops.
Persons who complete this qualification can be employed in the following jobs:
Job titles: Greenhouse technician; Seedling nursery technicians
Career path – articulation and specialization
Individuals may enter the Greenhouse Technology Level 2 after completing basic on-farm training, Level 2 NVQ in Crop Production, or CSEC Agriculture at Level 2. Individuals may enter the Greenhouse Technology after completing NVQ Level 2 to be supported by on-farm training.
- Listing ID: 3898
- Institution Category: Specialised Institutions
- Institution Type: Public
- Field of Study: Agricultural Science
- Awarding Body: NCTVET
- Qualification Level:
- Education Sector: Technical and Vocational
- Qualification Code: AGH20516
- ISCED Code: 08 Agriculture, Forestry, Fisheries & Veterinary- 081 Agriculture- 081 2 Horticulture
- Qualification Developer: NCTVET Standards & Assessment Development Unit
- Quality Assurance Body: NCTVET
NVQ Level 1 in Crop Production
Individuals may enter level II Certification in the Greenhouse Technology with relevant level I vocational experience and qualification. Where lower-level qualification plans exist, these MUST be completed.