NVQ Level 3 Library and Information Services
Participants in this programme‘ Library and Information Services Level 3’ are prepared with the requisite knowledge, skills, and attitudes to operate in the Library and Information industry as an autonomous skilled workers. They will be capable of occupying the position of Library Technician. The training will allow them to demonstrate knowledge of cataloging and classifying material within a library, develop and maintain a classification scheme, manage the care and maintenance of the collections, acquire and process resources for access, promote a healthy and safe work environment and lead and influence ethical practice in their daily activities.
Who this qualification is for:
This qualification is for prospective and current Library Technicians employed in the Library and Information Services Industry. Persons who complete this qualification can be employed as Library Resource assistants.
After achieving this LIS30118 Certificate in Library Services, individuals could progress to a wide range of other qualifications in the Library and Information Services Industry.
- Listing ID: 3931
- Institution Category: Specialised Institutions
- Institution Type: Public
- Field of Study: Library science
- Awarding Body: NCTVET
- Qualification Level:
- Education Sector: Technical and Vocational
- Qualification Code: LIS30118
- ISCED Code: 03 Social Sciences, Journalism & Information- 032 Journalism & Information- 0322 Library, Information & Archival Studies
- Qualification Developer: NCTVET Occupational Standards Development Department
- Quality Assurance Body: NCTVET
LIS10107 NVQ Level 1 in Library and Information Services
LIS20107 NVQ Level II in Library and Information Services
Individuals may enter level 3 Certification in the Library and Information Services with relevant level vocational experience and qualifications.