University of Technology, Jamaica - Post-Baccalaureate Doctor of Pharmacy
The Post-Baccalaureate, Doctor of Pharmacy(Pharm.D) programme seeks to train Pharmacists to become enhance their Clinical Skills with a commitment to providing Clinical services such as Pharmaceutical Care at the Bedside.
As a post-baccalaureate degree, the advanced content of the UTech Pharm.D course of study complements practice experience and fosters a higher level of competence and autonomy. The existence clinical training will enable graduates to develop advanced analytical and problem-solving skills and the ability to translate theoretical knowledge into clinical applications. One cohort of students is admitted in August of each academic year.
The course is three(3) years in duration, organised on a part time basis over an academic year consisting of three(3) semesters for a total of 9 semesters.
- Listing ID: 4370
- Institution Category: Universities
- Institution Type: Public
- Field of Study: Pharmacy
- Awarding Body: University of Technology, Jamaica
- Qualification Level:
- Education Sector: Higher Education
- ISCED Code: 09 Health and Welfare- 091 Health- 0916 Pharmacy
- Qualification Developer: School of Pharmacy, University of Technology, Jamaica
- Quality Assurance Body: Pharmacy Council of Jamaica (PCJ)/ University Council of Jamaica
Applicants should be registered Pharmacists with a Bachelor in Pharmacy with a minimum of a second class honors degree.
Applicants should be registered Pharmacists with a Bachelor of Pharmacy and apply through Prior Learning Assessment if they do not meet the Matriculation requirements.
- Number of Credits: 78