University of Technology, Jamaica - Post Diploma Bachelor of Pharmacy
The Post Diploma Bachelor of Pharmacy programme seeks to facilitate the upgrade of Pharmacists from a Diploma to a Bachelor’s Degree. The programme emphasizes current knowledge and skills to enable graduates to meet the demands of society’s healthcare needs as they relate to Pharmacy practice.
The programme provides a sound foundation for graduates to pursue further education and professional qualifications. The programme accepted the last cohort Academic year 2020/2021. The has become necessary due to the dwindling student numbers for upgrade, making it no longer economically viable.
The course is three(3) years in duration, organised on a part time basis over an academic year consisting of three(3) semesters for a total of 9 semesters. OR The course is two(2) years duration, organised on a part time basis over an academic year consisting of three(3) semesters for a total of six(6) semesters.
- Listing ID: 4368
- Institution Category: Universities
- Institution Type: Public
- Field of Study: Pharmacy
- Awarding Body: University of Technology, Jamaica
- Qualification Level:
- Education Sector: Higher Education
- ISCED Code: 09 Health and Welfare- 091 Health- 0916 Pharmacy
- Qualification Developer: School of Pharmacy, University of Technology, Jamaica
- Quality Assurance Body: Pharmacy Council of Jamaica (PCJ)/ University Council of Jamaica
- Entry Requirements: Applicants should be registered Pharmacists with a Pharmacy Diploma from the University of Technology, Jamaica or an equivalent qualification from a recognized institution.
- Number of Credits: 53.5