University of Technology, Jamaica - Bachelor of Education in Technical and Vocational Education and Training in Business & Computer Studies
The Bachelor of Education in Technical and Vocational seeks to prepare well rounded graduates who are able to function competently as Business Education Teachers and Technology Instructors at the secondary and lower tertiary levels.
Additionally graduates of the programme are equipped to function as, Career Counsellors, Office Administrator, Legal Assistants, Administrative Assistants accountants, Trainee Programmers, Bursars, Assistant Researchers, Human Resource Officers, IT Specialists, Court Reporters, and Instructional Coordinators.
- Listing ID: 4665
- Institution Category: Universities
- Institution Type: Public
- Field of Study: TVET Education/ Business and Computer Studies
- Awarding Body: University of Technology, Jamaica
- Qualification Level:
- Education Sector: Higher Education
- ISCED Code: 01 Education- 011 Education- 0114 Teacher Training with Subject Specialization
- Qualification Developer: School of Technical and Vocational Education, University of Technology, Jamaica
- Quality Assurance Body: University Council of Jamaica (UCJ)
- Entry Requirements: 5 CSEC/GCE O-Level subjects including English Language, Mathematics or 3-years Teachers’ Diploma in Secondary Education. A CSEC/GCE O-levels pass in information Technology or 80 hours of instruction in computing would be an asset (for the Computer Technology option). Passes in Two (2) Business Studies option. Passes in two (2) business subjects would be beneficial for those seeking to enroll in the Business Studies option.
- Number of Credits: 136