University of Technology, Jamaica - Diploma in Dental Assisting (Expanded Function) (Accelerated)
The Diploma in Dental Assisting seeks to train and prepare ‘work-ready’ graduates for the dental profession. Tailored to produce competent dental assistants who are capable of excelling in the public and private facilities. The programme aims to produce knowledgeable and efficient team players who show commitment to providing high quality dental services and excellent patient care.
The course is one calendar year, consisting of two semesters and a summer session.
- Listing ID: 4607
- Institution Category: Universities
- Institution Type: Public
- Field of Study: Dentistry
- Awarding Body: University of Technology, Jamaica
- Qualification Level:
- Education Sector: Higher Education
- ISCED Code: 09 Health and Welfare- 091 Health- 0911 Dental Studies
- Qualification Developer: College of Oral Health Sciences, University of Technology
- Quality Assurance Body: Dental Council of Jamaica
Route A- 3 CSEC/GCE O\'Level passes in English Language, Mathematics, and Biology/Human and Social Biology/Integrated Science. An Interview is required.
Route B: Prior Learning(work experience)
Note: Applicants accepted through route B are required to present the relevant documents for prior learning assessment.
- Number of Credits: 90.5