University of Technology, Jamaica - Master of Science in Dental Therapy
The Master of Science in Dental Therapy seeks to educate and train oral health care professionals who are capable of integrating educational, clinical and individual services that support and promote the total health and well-being of the patient as well as optional oral health.
The Course of Study is designed to:
- Equip graduates with personal and professional knowledge, skills and attributes that will allow them to pursue higher clinical, educational, research and leadership careers in oral health care.
- Provide the education that meets professional standards established by local and international accrediting bodies.
The Course of Study commenced in 2014. Candidates are admitted in August of each academic year. The duration is two years and delivered on a full-time basis over four semesters plus four months of internship.
- Listing ID: 4606
- Institution Category: Universities
- Institution Type: Public
- Field of Study: Dentistry
- Awarding Body: University of Technology, Jamaica
- Qualification Level:
- Education Sector: Higher Education
- ISCED Code: 09 Health and Welfare- 091 Health- 0915 Therapy and Rehabilitation
- Qualification Developer: College of Oral Health Sciences, University of Technology
- Quality Assurance Body: Dental Council of Jamaica
Normal Entry Requirement- Bachelor of Science in Dental Hygiene.
Mature Entry- Via Prior Learning Assessment Applicants with Dental Nursing certificate with at least three(3) years experience and present written proof of such portfolio will be eligible upon review.
Candidates with other types of qualification will be evaluated in accordance with the university\'s regulation governing academic equivalence.
- Number of Credits: 54