HEART/NSTA provides skilled and competent workers through institutional-based training programmes or through their ‘on-the-job’ training approaches such as the National Service Corps, and School-Leaver Training Opportunity Programme. They also provide employers with customized workforce solutions for their businesses.
For individuals, the following services are provided:
- Assessment, training and certification
- Work experience
- Volunteering and mentorship opportunities
- Adult continuing education
- Career mentorship and guidance
- Professional development services
- Start-up funding for small business
The programmes are carefully crafted to address the training needs of a wide spectrum of young prospective Jamaican employees and entrepreneurs, as well as employees already incorporated within the Jamaican workforce.