University of the West Indies - Bachelor of Arts in Computer Science
The B.A. Computer Science targets students who wish to pursue careers in programming, software engineering, and Artificial Intelligence (AI). Students in the programme take their Computing courses in the Department of Computing, while fulfilling other requirements by taking courses in Humanities and/or Education. This programme provides a basis for postgraduate degree study in Data Science, Computer Science, and related subject areas.
- Listing ID: 4293
- Institution Category: Universities
- Institution Type: Public
- Field of Study: Humanities and Education
- Awarding Body: The University of the West Indies
- Qualification Level:
- Education Sector: Higher Education
- ISCED Code: 06 Information and Communication Technologies- 061 Information and Communication Technologies
- Qualification Developer: The University of the West Indies
- Quality Assurance Body: University Council of Jamaica (UCJ)
Five (5) CXC subjects (grades 1-3, including English language and Mathematics) or their equivalent. Two (2) of which should be at the advanced level CAPE (2 Units each grade 1-5), to qualify for a full-time 3-year degree programme.
At least one (1) CAPE Science subject.
A Teaches' College Diploma OR an Associates degree in Mathematics, Information Technology or Science OR a pass in ECON1003 will be considered equivalent qualification for persons without CAPE passes.
- Number of Credits: 90