University of the West Indies - Bachelor of Arts in Dance
The B.A. in Dance, offered in collaboration with the Edna Manley College for the Visual and Performing Arts, is a programme for aspiring dance practicioners and for those wishing to work in the world of dance, for instance as dance teachers, choreographers, or coaches. The programme includes courses in dance techniques, dance history, dance composition, and dance pedagogy. Students in the B.A. in Dance fulfill other requirements in the Faculty of Humanities & Education, where they are able to select courses in academic programmes that complement their major.
- Listing ID: 4295
- Institution Category: Universities
- Institution Type: Public
- Field of Study: Humanities and Education
- Awarding Body: The University of the West Indies
- Qualification Level:
- Education Sector: Higher Education
- ISCED Code: 02 Arts and Humanities- 021 Arts- 0215 Music and Performing Arts
- Qualification Developer: The University of the West Indies
- Quality Assurance Body: University Council of Jamaica (UCJ)
- Entry Requirements: Five CSEC subjects (General Proficiency Grades I-III) and/or GCE O'Level / BGCSE subjects (Grades A-C) including English Language AND two double Units CAPE subjects or 2 GCE A-Level subjects (one of which must be a Humanities subject for which courses are taught at the University). Strongly recommended a foreign language.
- Number of Credits: 90