University of the West Indies - Bachelor of Science in Sport Coaching
This programme aims to provide sports coaches with the required knowledge, skills, attitudes, and techniques to deliver quality coaching to individual athletes and teams to improve sporting performance in the Caribbean.
Throughout the programme, students engage in combined theoretical and practical learning with on-field, supervised coaching experience for different sports.
Duration of Study: 3 years full-time or 4 to 5 years part-time.
Target learners: applicants who play a sport or like sports and, like teaching others.
- Listing ID: 5345
- Institution Category: Universities
- Institution Type: Public
- Field of Study: Sports
- Awarding Body: The University of the West Indies
- Qualification Level:
- Education Sector: Higher Education
- ISCED Code: 10 Services- 101 Personal Services- 1014 Sports
- Qualification Developer: The University of the West Indies
- Quality Assurance Body: University Council of Jamaica (UCJ)
- Entry Requirements: Minimum of five (5) CSEC (CXC) General Proficiency (Grades I-III) or GCE O-Level subjects which include: compulsory - English Language and Mathematics and passes in at least two double units CAPE or 2 GCE A-Level subjects or an Associate degree with a GPA of 2.5 and above.
- Number of Credits: 93