University of the West Indies - Bachelor of Arts in History and Journalism
This programme targets students who understand historical events to be the key to understanding and writing about current affairs. The programme combines the research and analytical skills of historians and the communication skills and strategies of journalists. Graduates of the programme are expected to be lifelong adaptable learners, critical and analytic thinkers, capable researchers and communicators. This programme provides a basis for postgraduate degree study in History, Communication Studies, Public History & Caribbean Heritage, in Communication Studies, Media Management, and related subject areas.
- Listing ID: 4309
- Institution Category: Universities
- Institution Type: Public
- Field of Study: Humanities and Education
- Awarding Body: The University of the West Indies
- Qualification Level:
- Education Sector: Higher Education
- ISCED Code: 03 Social Sciences, Journalism and Information- 032 Journalism and Information- 0321 Journalism and Reporting
- Qualification Developer: The University of the West Indies
- Quality Assurance Body: University Council of Jamaica (UCJ)
- Entry Requirements: Five CSEC subjects (General Proficiency Grades I-III) which must include English Language and Two double units CAPE or equivalent.
- Number of Credits: 90