University of the West Indies - Bachelor of Education in Educational Administration
The B.Ed. in Educational Administration targets teachers who wish to upgrade their status from a teaching diploma to a Bachelor’s degree. The programme explores the basic principles governing the nature of organizations and of leadership, and focuses on the administrative processes necessary for the effective management of school operations, educational planning, and the management of the physical plant. Graduates of the programme are expected to pursue careers in school administration. This programme provides a basis for entry into a range of Master’s programmes in Educational Management, Educational Leadership, Educational Planning, and related subject areas.
Students who have successfully completed the Bachelor of Education programme are qualified to do the following:
- Teach at all levels of the education system.
- Pursue graduate studies in Educational Psychology, Science Education, Mathematics Education, Curriculum Development, Educational Administration, Educational Measurement, Language Education, Literacy Studies, Mathematics Education, Modern Languages (Spanish Education), Primary Education, Social Studies/Geography Education, Leadership in Technical and Vocational Education and Training and Workforce Development and Teacher Education and Teacher Development and other areas in education.
- Work as Education Officers with the Ministry of Education.
- Work as Training Specialists in Corporate Jamaica.
- Work as School Administrators.
- Work as School Librarians.