University of Technology, Jamaica - Bachelor of Science in Actuarial Science
The Course of Study is designed to produce graduates who should:
- Possess fundamental skills to successfully pursue the professional examinations of the Society of Actuaries or other bodies;
- Communicate effectively with supervisors, colleagues, and clients on actuarial problems and solutions;
- Use the techniques of actuarial science to solve insurance and business problems;
- Communicate actuarial results and conclusions in a language understood by the non-actuarial scientist;
- Pursue graduate studies in actuarial science, finance, mathematics, statistics, business or related disciplines.
The course is four(4) years in duration, organised on a full time basis over an academic year consisting of approximately 8 semesters.
- Listing ID: 4644
- Institution Category: Universities
- Institution Type: Public
- Field of Study: Actuarial Science
- Awarding Body: University of Technology, Jamaica
- Qualification Level:
- Education Sector: Higher Education
- ISCED Code: 05 Natural Sciences, Mathematics and Statistics- 054 Mathematics and Statistics- 0542 Statistics
- Qualification Developer: School of Mathematics & Statistics, University of Technology
- Quality Assurance Body: University Council of Jamaica (UCJ)
- Entry Requirements: A minimum of seven(7) subjects at CSEC General Proficiency Level with grades 1, 2, and 3(as of June 1998) or at GCE O\'Level with grades A, B and C, which must include Mathematics, English Language.At least four subjects, including Mathematics, must be passed with Grade 1 or Grade A.
- Number of Credits: 125