University of the West Indies - Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering
Students successfully completing the BSc. Civil Engineering programme should have the ability to apply knowledge of Mathematics, Science, and Engineering principles to solve problems in civil engineering, design and conduct experiments, as well as to analyze and interpret data from civil engineering systems; identify, formulate, and solve civil engineering problems; use the techniques, skills, and modern engineering tools necessary for civil engineering practice; demonstrate an understanding and appreciation of the impact of civil engineering solutions in a global, economic, environmental, and societal context; function on multidisciplinary and multicultural teams; demonstrate an understanding of professional and ethical responsibility; function on multidisciplinary and multicultural teams; communicate effectively via oral and written media.
- Listing ID: 4283
- Institution Category: Universities
- Institution Type: Public
- Field of Study: Engineering
- Awarding Body: The University of the West Indies
- Qualification Level:
- Education Sector: Higher Education
- ISCED Code: 07 Engineering, Manufacturing & Construction- 071 Engineering & Engineering Trades- 0712 Environmental Protection Technology
- Qualification Developer: The University of the West Indies
- Quality Assurance Body: University Council of Jamaica (UCJ)
- Entry Requirements: Five CSEC subjects (General Proficiency Grades I-III) which must include English Language, Mathematics and Physics and two double units CAPE in Pure/Pure and Applied Mathematics and Physics.
- Number of Credits: 104