University of the West Indies - Bachelor of Basic Medical Sciences in Pharmacology
The Applied Pharmacology programme is designed to offer a broad-based learning experience to produce individuals with the theoretical and problem solving skills necessary for successful careers in drug development, drug sales, pre-clinical research and clinical research as well as influencing health policy and marketing.
Completion of this course of study will enable the individual to practice Pharmacology in Jamaica and other CARICOM Countries.
- Listing ID: 5301
- Institution Category: Universities
- Institution Type: Public
- Field of Study: Medical Sciences
- Awarding Body: The University of the West Indies
- Education Sector: Higher Education
- ISCED Code: 09 Health and Welfare- 091 Health- 0916 Pharmacy
- Qualification Developer: The University of the West Indies
- Quality Assurance Body: University Council of Jamaica (UCJ)
- Entry Requirements: Five CSEC, The minimum academic standard for entry is an average of two 3’s and one 2 at Unit 2 CAPE or one B and two C’s at GCE Advanced Level chosen from Chemistry, Biology/Zoology, Physics or Mathematics or Equivalent Qualifications
- Number of Credits: 94