University of the West Indies - Bachelor of Science in Psychology
Psychology is the field of study that helps us to understand the world in which we live. We study people’s thoughts, feelings, and behaviour as individuals, as members of small groups like the family, and as members of larger groups like Jamaicans or Caribbean people.
The BSc in Psychology programme recognizes that people’s thoughts, feelings, and actions both shape and are shaped by their surroundings and so we include various areas of psychological study that cover these different viewpoints. By understanding the person both from within and as influenced by external factors, we are better able to analyze, explain, and predict behaviour. Psychology, therefore, is extremely applicable to help alleviate social problems.
- Listing ID: 5329
- Institution Category: Universities
- Institution Type: Public
- Field of Study: Social Sciences
- Awarding Body: The University of the West Indies
- Qualification Level:
- Education Sector: Higher Education
- ISCED Code: 03 Social Sciences, Journalism and Information- 031 Social and Behavioural Sciences- 0313 Psychology
- Qualification Developer: The University of the West Indies
- Quality Assurance Body: University Council of Jamaica (UCJ)
- Entry Requirements: FULL TIME (3 Year Programme): Five CSEC subjects (General Proficiency Grades I-III) or GCE O'Level/BGCSE subjects (Grades A-C) which must include English Language and Mathematics AND Two double Units CAPE subjects or 2 GCE A-Level subjects. PART TIME (4 Year Programme): Five CSEC subjects (General Proficiency Grades I-III) or GCE O'Level / BGCSE subjects (Grades A-C) with compulsory English Language and Mathematics.
- Number of Credits: 90