Excelsior Community College - Applied Associate of Science in Automotive Repairs & Engineering
Successful graduates from the Applied Associate of Science in Automotive Repairs and Engineering will be able to:
- Work and communicate effectively with others through oral, written or graphic means to demonstrate interpersonal skills, attitudes and work habits that comprise acceptable professional behavior.
- Distinguish among moral, ethical and legal aspects of business practices as applied to automotive industry occupations.
- Utilize principles of effective personnel management in the supervision of employees.
- Exhibit a knowledge of the terminology of the automotive, and Aftermarket industry.
- Draw and interpret sketches and simple drawings.
- Maintain electrical and mechanical systems in automobiles.
- Understand the expectations and responsibilities in an automotive shop.
- Fill out and implement work orders.
- Show proper care and respect for a customer’s vehicle.
- Perform maintenance and service on vehicles
- Perform basic welding operations.
- Maintain work area and equipment.
- Listing ID: 3278
- Institution Category: General Higher Education Colleges
- Field of Study: Engineering and Related Technologies
- Awarding Body: Council of Community Colleges of Jamaica
- Qualification Level:
- Education Sector: General Education
- Qualification Number: 102
- ISCED Code: 07/071/0716
- Qualification Developer: Council of Community Colleges of Jamaica
- Quality Assurance Body: University Council of Jamaica
5 CSEC including Math & English Language
Equivalent qualification(s) as determined by the CCCJ
PLAR Assessment for students who meet mature entry requirements
Level 3 HEART NVQJ Certification (as determined by the CCCJ)
- Number of Credits: 76