University of the West Indies - Bachelor of Arts in History and Archaeology
This programme targets students with a profound interest in the material cultures of the past, and who are not afraid of getting their hands dirty. Alongside courses in Caribbean and general history, students are exposed to and gain hands-on experience with archaeological research and the analytic skills needed to interpret their findings. Graduates of the programme are expected to be lifelong adaptable learners, critical and analytic thinkers, capable researchers and communicators. This programme provides a basis for postgraduate degree study in History, in Public History & Caribbean Heritage, and related subject areas in the Social Sciences such as Social Anthropology.
- Listing ID: 4307
- Institution Category: Universities
- Institution Type: Public
- Field of Study: Humanities and Education
- Awarding Body: The University of the West Indies
- Qualification Level:
- Education Sector: Higher Education
- ISCED Code: 02 Arts and Humanities- 022 Humanities- 0222 History and Archaeology
- Qualification Developer: The University of the West Indies
- Quality Assurance Body: University Council of Jamaica (UCJ)
- Entry Requirements: Five CSEC subjects (General Proficiency Grades I-III) which must include English Language, History/Social Studies or CAPE History and Two double units CAPE or equivalent.
- Number of Credits: 90