University of the West Indies - Bachelor of Arts in Journalism
The B.A. in Journalism targets students with interests across traditional and new journalistic platforms. Graduates are equipped with the skills to meet the needs of an increasingly converged media industry. They are able to work on four journalistic platforms – print, radio, television and new media. Graduates of the programme are expected to be lifelong adaptable learners, critical and analytic thinkers, capable researchers and communicators. This programme provides a basis for postgraduate degree study in Communication Studies, Communication for Social & Behaviour Change, Media Management, and related subject areas.
- Listing ID: 4315
- Institution Category: Universities
- Institution Type: Public
- Field of Study: Humanities and Education
- Awarding Body: The University of the West Indies
- Qualification Level:
- Education Sector: Higher Education
- ISCED Code: 03 Social Sciences, Journalism and Information- 032 Journalism and Information- 0321 Journalism and Reporting
- Qualification Developer: The University of the West Indies
- Quality Assurance Body: University Council of Jamaica (UCJ)
- Entry Requirements: Five CSEC subjects (General Proficiency Grades I-III) which must include English Language grade 1 or 2, English Language grade 1 or 2 Communication Studies Grade 1,2 or 3 and Two double units CAPE or equivalent.
- Number of Credits: 90