University of Technology, Jamaica - Bachelor of Health Science Degree
On completion of the Bachelor of Health Science degree, graduates should have acquired the requisite knowledge, skills and attitudes to successfully assume mid and higher level supervisory roles and leadership within the health services; demonstrate technical and professional competence in both applied theory and clinical experiences; provide training for professional leadership as well as the upgrading of skills and competence in either health management or pursue further studies in related health science disciplines.
The course is three(3) summer sessions in duration, organised on a full time basis over three academic years consisting of approximately ten weeks in each summer session.
- Listing ID: 4378
- Institution Category: Universities
- Institution Type: Public
- Field of Study: Health Services Administration and Health Information Management
- Awarding Body: University of Technology, Jamaica
- Qualification Level:
- Education Sector: Higher Education
- ISCED Code: 09 Health and Welfare- 091 Health- 0917 Traditional and Complimentary Medicine and Therapy
- Qualification Developer: School of Allied Health and Wellness, University of Technology, Jamaica
- Quality Assurance Body: University Council of Jamaica (UCJ)
Graduates of UTech Jamaica holding a Health Science Diploma or other approved equivalent level of training programme outside of UTech.
Applicants with diploma or equivalent level academic certification in general business administration or management can also be considered for the Health Services Administration option in Module III.
In addition to holding the UTech diploma or its equivalent health discipline certification, applicants must meet the basic university matriculation requirements in English Language and Mathematics.
Candidates over 25 years of age who do not hold a diploma, but hold some other acceptable health discipline qualification must in addition have a minimum of 5 years professional working experience. The University reserves the right to administer pre-acceptable evaluation tests to ascertain proficiency in English Language and Mathematics and/ or other quantitative assessment areas.
- Number of Credits: 55