University of the West Indies - Bachelor of Science in Biomedical Engineering
Students successfully completing the BSc. Biomedical Engineering programme should have the ability to apply knowledge of Mathematics, Science, and Engineering principles to solve problems in Biomedical Engineering; design and conduct experiments, as well as to analyze and interpret data from biomedical systems; design a biomedical system, component, or process to meet desired needs; identify, formulate, and solve biomedical engineering problems; demonstrate an understanding and appreciation of the impact of Biomedical Engineering solutions in a global, economic, environmental, and societal context; function on multidisciplinary and multicultural teams; demonstrate an understanding of professional and ethical responsibility; communicate effectively via oral and written media.
- Listing ID: 4280
- Institution Category: Universities
- Institution Type: Public
- Field of Study: Engineering
- Awarding Body: The University of the West Indies
- Qualification Level:
- Education Sector: Higher Education
- ISCED Code: 07 Engineering, Manufacturing & Construction- 071 Engineering & Engineering Trades- 0711 Chemical Engineering and Processes
- Qualification Developer: The University of the West Indies
- Quality Assurance Body: University Council of Jamaica (UCJ)
- Entry Requirements: Five CSEC subjects (General Proficiency Grades I-III) which must include English Language, Mathematics and Physics and two double units CAPE in Pure/Pure and Applied Mathematics and Physics.
- Number of Credits: 111