University of Technology, Jamaica - Certificate in Child and Adolescent Development
The Certificate in Child and Adolescent Development equips graduates with specific competencies and skills for working in a variety of settings including governmental and nongovernmental agencies including juvenile welfare centres, social welfare agencies, healthcare facilitates, schools youth care facilitates and community based rehabilitation programmes in roles of field officers, children’s officer, administrators, child advocates, supervisors, child care aids, transition officers for persons with disabilities, and research assistants.
The course is one(1) year in duration, organised on a full-time basis over an academic year consisting of approximately fifteen weeks in semesters 1 and 2 as well as four(4) weeks in the summer session to facilitate externship practicum experiences.
- Listing ID: 4371
- Institution Category: Universities
- Institution Type: Public
- Field of Study: Child & Adolescent Development
- Awarding Body: University of Technology, Jamaica
- Qualification Level:
- Education Sector: Higher Education
- ISCED Code: 09 Health and Welfare- 092 Welfare- 0922Child Care and Youth Services
- Qualification Developer: School of Allied Health and Wellness, University of Technology, Jamaica
- Quality Assurance Body: University Council of Jamaica
5 CSEC/GCE O\'Level passes including English Language, Mathematics, Biology or Human and Social and NCTVET Early Childhood.
Persons 25 years of age and above who are not eligible for admissions under the aforementioned entry requirements may apply for Mature Entry.
- Number of Credits: 37