University of Technology, Jamaica - Doctor of Philosophy in Computer Science
The School of Computing and Information Technology research-based Ph.D. was designed to expose the prevailing wisdom in the field and repackage it in a unique way to advance knowledge through the production of novel ideas and improve the professional practice in the field. This research-based doctoral programme is designed for graduate students in the Engineering and Computing disciplines to employ applied research techniques to solve societal problems. The programme aims to produce a cadre of professionals needed to build industry, government, and educational institutions through applied research for national, regional, and global development.
The Doctor of Philosophy(Ph.D) in Computer Science started in 1999 and the course is 5-6 years in duration.
- Listing ID: 4393
- Institution Category: Universities
- Institution Type: Public
- Field of Study: Computer Science
- Awarding Body: University of Technology, Jamaica
- Qualification Level:
- Education Sector: Higher Education
- ISCED Code: 06 Information and Communication Technologies- 061 Information and Communication Technologies- 0612 Database and Network Design and administration
- Qualification Developer: School of Computing and Information Technolgy, University of Technology, Jamaica
- Quality Assurance Body: University Council of Jamaica (UCJ)
- Entry Requirements: Bachelor's Degree in Computing with minimum standard second class honours or equivalent. Candidates will be considered based on the nature and scope of the research proposal submitted along with application forms and the availability of supervisors in the research areas.
- Number of Credits: 90