University of Technology, Jamaica - Master of Science in Information Systems Management
The School of Computing and Information Technology (SCIT) seeks to employ an outcomes-based approach to the learning/teaching process. The Master of Science in Information Systems Management focuses on the development of graduates who will be able to advance to senior IT management roles such as IT Managers, Chief Security Officers, IT Project Managers, Senior Database and Software Designers and Architects, Chief Technical Officers and Chief Information Officers among others. The programme is designed to support the industry demands both locally and regionally and is aligned with internationally recognised industry certifications and standards.
The programme is dedicated to producing graduates who are able to function at middle to senior levels in Management Information Systems and Information Technology. The program is geared at producing graduates who are able to make strategic decisions relating to the use of technology in the achievement of business objectives. It is expected that in most if not all cases prospective learners have been employed for at least 2 years in a computing-related field.
The 18-months Degree in Master of Science in Information Systems Management started in 2013. Each learner cohort for the course of study is admitted in August of each academic year. The course is 18 months in duration, organised on a weekend basis over an academic year consisting of approximately thirty weeks (2 semesters).
- Listing ID: 4389
- Institution Category: Universities
- Institution Type: Public
- Field of Study: Database Management and Data Mining, Enterprise Security, Information Technology Project Management and Software Engineering
- Awarding Body: University of Technology, Jamaica
- Qualification Level:
- Education Sector: Higher Education
- ISCED Code: 06 Information and Communication Technologies- 061 Information and Communication Technologies- 0612 Database and Network Design and administration
- Qualification Developer: School of Computing and Information Technolgy, University of Technology, Jamaica
- Quality Assurance Body: University Council of Jamaica (UCJ)
- Entry Requirements: Bachelors of Science in IT/IS/Computer Science or other related disciplines with a second-class honours or 2.70 GPA from UTech, Jamaica, or other approved insitutions and two(2) years of working experience.
- Number of Credits: 38