NVQ Level 3 Electrical and Electronic Technology
This qualification is intended for those learners wishing to advance their career within the Electrical and Electronic Technology industry or for those working within the industry who wants to update their skill set. This qualification is for persons whose job roles involve a broad range of skill applications including instrumentation, power, communication, and electronic controls with leadership/supervisory responsibilities relating to Electrical and Electronic Technology. They provide technical support and services in the design, development, testing, production, and operation of electrical and electronic equipment and systems. The knowledge and skills components are geared towards the construction, maintenance, and testing of electrical systems and components, using measuring & diagnostic tools to test and modify electronic parts.
Persons who complete this qualification can be employed in the following jobs:
• Job titles: Electrical/Electronic Technologist Assistant
After achieving the MEM32915 Certificate in Electrical and Electronic Technology, individuals could progress to a wide range of other qualifications in the Electrical Engineering, Metal Engineering, and Information Technology Industries.
- Listing ID: 3820
- Institution Category: Specialised Institutions
- Institution Type: Public
- Field of Study: Electronic Engineering
- Awarding Body: NCTVET
- Qualification Level:
- Education Sector: Technical and Vocational
- Qualification Code: EEM30216
- ISCED Code: 07 Engineering, Manufacturing & Construction- 071 Engineering & Engineering Trades- 0714 Electronics and Automation
- Qualification Developer: NCTVET Standards & Assessment Development Unit
- Quality Assurance Body: NCTVET
Individuals may enter level III Certification in the Electrical and Electronic Technology Industry with relevant level II vocational experience and qualification. Where lower-level qualification plans exist, these MUST be completed. Otherwise, evidence for competencies equivalent to lower-level qualifications must be provided at registration/prior to commencement of the program/before certification.
For this qualification plan the prerequisite(s) is/are any of the following:
• MEM21007- Electrical Installation Level 2
• MEM20816 –Industrial Electronics Level 2
• MEM20907- Instrumentation and Control Level 2
• MEM21107– Electrical/Electronic Maintenance Level 2