NVQ Level 4 Heavy Commercial Mechanical Technology
This qualification is for persons who wish to pursue a career in the Automotive Service Industry. These individuals will perform a broad range of tasks on a variety of heavy commercial vehicles and equipment in the automotive service and repairs sectors. This qualification focuses on training in the following clusters electronic; electrical; braking; transmission; engine management; engine fuel; chassis; pressure and HVAC systems.
Persons who complete this qualification can be employed in the following job:
- Heavy Commercial Equipment Air Conditioning Technician/Specialist
- Heavy Commercial Equipment Transmission Technician/Specialist
- Heavy Commercial Equipment Engine Technician/Specialist
- Heavy Commercial Equipment Diagnostician
- Listing ID: 3816
- Institution Category: Specialised Institutions
- Institution Type: Public
- Field of Study: Business Service Automotive
- Awarding Body: NCTVET
- Qualification Level:
- Education Sector: Technical and Vocational
- Qualification Code: ASR40218
- ISCED Code: 07 Engineering, Manufacturing & Construction- 071 Engineering & Engineering Trades- 0715 Mechanics & Metal Trade
- Qualification Developer: NCTVET Occupational Standards Development Department
- Quality Assurance Body: NCTVET
For this qualification plan, the prerequisite(s) are:
ASR30115 Motor Vehicle Repairs (Cars/ Light Truck
Other equivalent qualifications.
Individuals may enter level 4 Certification in Heavy Commercial Mechanical Technology with the relevant level vocational experience and qualification. Where lower-level qualification plans exist, these MUST be completed. Otherwise, evidence for competencies equivalent to lower-level qualifications must be provided at registration/prior to commencement of the program/before certification.