University of the West Indies - Bachelor of Science in Sport Kinetics
This programme will equip graduates with the required knowledge, skills, attitudes, and techniques to work in different sectors of the sport and exercise market to enhance the approach being used for sport and exercise training across the lifespan. It will provide the foundation for those wishing to become Biomechanists, Sports Nutritionists, Sports Physiologists, and experts in athletic training.
Duration of Study: 3 years full-time or 4 to 5 years part-time.
Target learners: applicants who play a sport or like sports, and want to learn how the body works to develop, control, and master movement when playing a sport.
Start date: September of each academic year.
- Listing ID: 5347
- Institution Category: Universities
- Institution Type: Public
- Field of Study: Sports
- Awarding Body: The University of the West Indies
- Qualification Level:
- Education Sector: Higher Education
- ISCED Code: 10 Services- 101 Personal Services- 1014 Sports
- Qualification Developer: The University of the West Indies
- Quality Assurance Body: University Council of Jamaica (UCJ)
- Entry Requirements: Minimum of five (5) CSEC (CXC) General Proficiency (Grades I-III) or GCE O-Level subjects which include: compulsory - English Language and Mathematics and passes in at least two double units CAPE or 2 GCE A-Level subjects or an Associate degree with a GPA of 2.5 and above.
- Number of Credits: 90