University of the West Indies - Bachelor of Science in Statistics
The BSc, degree in Statistics provides students with the principles and theory of Statistics and also allows them to develop skills in data collection, handling, and analysis. This programme also allows students to minor or double-major in complementary disciplines such as Mathematics, Economics, and Demography which provides applications of the statistical techniques acquired. Graduates from this programme are equipped to pursue higher degrees in Social and Business Statistics as well as areas requiring strong quantitative and statistical skills such as demography, finance, and business analytics.
- Listing ID: 5342
- Institution Category: Universities
- Institution Type: Public
- Field of Study: Mathematics and Statistics
- Awarding Body: The University of the West Indies
- Qualification Level:
- Education Sector: Higher Education
- ISCED Code: 05 Natural Sciences, Mathematics and Statistics- 054 Mathematics and Statistics- 0542 Statistics
- Qualification Developer: The University of the West Indies
- Quality Assurance Body: University Council of Jamaica (UCJ)
- Entry Requirements: FULL TIME (3 Year Programme): Five CSEC subjects (General Proficiency Grades I-III) or GCE O'Level/BGCSE subjects (Grades A-C) which must include English Language and Mathematics AND Two double Units CAPE subjects or 2 GCE A-Level subjects. PART TIME (4-Year Programme): Five CSEC subjects (General Proficiency Grades I-III) or GCE O'Level / BGCSE subjects (Grades A-C) with compulsory English Language and Mathematics.
- Number of Credits: 90