University of Technology, Jamaica - Associate Degree in Health Information Technology
The Associate Degree in Health Information Technology’s primary aim is to deliver the highest quality of health care. The field of Health Information Technology Management has emerged as a very important aspect in the delivery of efficient and effective health care. As the levels of health care improve so has the need to develop techniques to cope with the ever growing demands placed on health services. As a result of this need, the Health Information Technology Programme has evolved at the University of Technology, to train persons in this specialized field. The certificate programme in Health Records and Statistics which Health Information Technology replaces was collaborated with and organised through the Pan American Health Organisation (PAHO) and the Ministry of Health. This associate degree course incorporates new elements in health information technology in recognition of the increased importance being given to health care services in the Commonwealth Caribbean Region.
The Associate Degree in Health Information Technology is two(2) academic years in duration, organized on a full time basis in four semesters and a summer session in the second year.
- Listing ID: 4372
- Institution Category: Universities
- Institution Type: Public
- Field of Study: Patient Information Management
- Awarding Body: University of Technology, Jamaica
- Qualification Level:
- Education Sector: Higher Education
- ISCED Code: 06 Information and Communication Technologies- 061 Information and Communication Technologies- 0612 Database and Network Design and administration
- Qualification Developer: School of Allied Health and Wellness, University of Technology, Jamaica
- Quality Assurance Body: University Council of Jamaica
Four(4) GCE O\'Level A, B, or C or CXC General Proficiency 1, 2, or 3 (June 1998) which must include Mathematics, English Language, Biology and one other subject relevant to the course.
Persons 25 years of age and above who are not eligible for admissions under the aforementioned entry requirements may apply for Mature Entry
- Number of Credits: 70