University of the West Indies - Bachelor of Arts in History
The B.A. in History is for students who want to develop a deeper understanding of the historical events which have shaped the major regions of our world. The programme grounds students in their own Caribbean past while also engaging them with places where peoples’ views of their pasts invoke different issues and alternative patterns of development. Graduates of the programme are expected to be lifelong adaptable learners, critical and analytic thinkers, capable researchers and communicators. This programme provides a basis for postgraduate degree study in History, in Public History & Caribbean Heritage, and related subject areas, including some in the Social Sciences.
- Listing ID: 4306
- Institution Category: Universities
- Institution Type: Public
- Field of Study: Humanities and Education
- Awarding Body: The University of the West Indies
- Qualification Level:
- Education Sector: Higher Education
- ISCED Code: 02 Arts and Humanities- 022 Humanities- 0222 History and Archaeology
- Qualification Developer: The University of the West Indies
- Quality Assurance Body: University Council of Jamaica (UCJ)
- Entry Requirements: Five CSEC subjects (General Proficiency Grades I-III) which must include English Language and Two double units CAPE or equivalent.
- Number of Credits: 90