University of the West Indies - Bachelor of Science in Biomedical Instrumentation
The B.Sc. in Biomedical Instrumentation comprises Electronics, Physics, Computer Science and Engineering courses, and was designed for students with an interest in designing and developing novel medical devices. With exposure to both Electronics and Medical Physics, students have the advantage of straddling both disciplines, which is useful for efficient design.
Graduates can use their skills to work on emerging areas, such as using imaging technology, signal processing, and embedded systems to detect disease and developing prosthetic or assistive devices. Additionally, graduates can work in traditional industries such as Medical Physics, Electronics, and Medical Device Sales.
- Listing ID: 5363
- Institution Category: Universities
- Institution Type: Public
- Field of Study: Science and Technology
- Awarding Body: The University of the West Indies
- Qualification Level:
- Education Sector: Higher Education
- ISCED Code: 05 Natural Sciences, Mathematics and Statistics- 053 Physical Sciences- 0533 Physics
- Qualification Developer: The University of the West Indies
- Quality Assurance Body: University Council of Jamaica (UCJ)
- Entry Requirements: CAPE Physics (1 & 2) or CAPE Physics (1) and CAPE Maths (1 & 2)
- Number of Credits: 99