University of Technology, Jamaica - Diploma in Mechanical Engineering
The Diploma in engineering is a 3 year program offered through the Faculty of Engineering and Computing and qualifies a learner to effectively function at the Technician level in the industry. The Diploma graduate will have:
- An ability to function on multidisciplinary teams.
- An understanding of ethical responsibilities.
- An ability to communicate effectively.
- A recognition of the need for and an ability to engage in lifelong learning.
- A knowledge of contemporary issues.
- An ability to use the techniques, skills and modern engineering tools necessary for technician engineering practice.