NVQ Level 4 Commercial Food Preparation
This qualification is for persons who wish to pursue a career path as a Sous Chef in Commercial Kitchens. This qualification focuses on the preparation of complex dishes at the operational level and includes the leadership skills required for commercial kitchens.
Career path – articulation and specialisation
After achieving this THH40117 Certificate in Commercial Cookery, individuals could progress to a
wide range of other qualifications in the Hospitality industry.
- Listing ID: 3796
- Institution Category: Specialised Institutions
- Institution Type: Public
- Field of Study: Services
- Awarding Body: NCTVET
- Qualification Level:
- Education Sector: Technical and Vocational
- Qualification Code: THH40117
- ISCED Code: 10 Services-101 Personal Services-1013 Hotel, Restaurants and Catering
- Qualification Developer: NCTVET Occupational Standards Development Department
- Quality Assurance Body: NCTVET
THH30417 Food Preparation
Individuals may enter level 4 Certification in Commercial Food Preparation with relevant level 3 vocational
experiences and qualification. Where lower level qualification plans exist, these MUST be completed.
Otherwise, evidence for competencies equivalent to lower level qualifications must be provided at
registration/prior to commencement of the programme /before certification.