University of the West Indies - Bachelor of Science in Social Policy & Development
The BSc. in Social Policy and Development degree exposes students to the meaning of the social policy and its critical role in fostering the human, social and economic development of a nation. Students gain a deeper understanding of this interdependence as they learn the role and functions of social policy, policy-making frameworks, social policy monitoring, and evaluation methodologies, and a range of development theories and approaches. They also learn important social research and data analysis skills which enable them to effectively analyze and critique Caribbean social policies and development outcomes and craft policy-relevant recommendations. Skills developed in Social Policy include but are not limited to, analytical, logical thinking, communication, critical evaluation, gathering, assessing and interpreting data, analytical and academic writing, organizing, planning and problem-solving.
- Listing ID: 5335
- Institution Category: Universities
- Institution Type: Public
- Field of Study: Social Sciences
- Awarding Body: The University of the West Indies
- Qualification Level:
- Education Sector: Higher Education
- ISCED Code: 03 Social Sciences, Journalism and Information- 031 Social and Behavioural Sciences- 0314 Sociology and Cultural Studies
- Qualification Developer: The University of the West Indies
- Quality Assurance Body: University Council of Jamaica (UCJ)
- Entry Requirements: FULL TIME (3 Year Programme): Five CSEC subjects (General Proficiency Grades I-III) or GCE O'Level/BGCSE subjects (Grades A-C) which must include English Language and Mathematics AND Two double Units CAPE subjects or 2 GCE A-Level subjects. PART TIME (4-Year Programme): Five CSEC subjects (General Proficiency Grades I-III) or GCE O'Level / BGCSE subjects (Grades A-C) with compulsory English Language and Mathematics.
- Number of Credits: 90